Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Week One, Day 1: The Beginning

This is my before pic, week one. 5'3", 218 pounds, and way too overweight for my liking. I have been using some amazing supplements called the BMR Bliss Go Pack, as well as keeping to the diet plan they gave me and working out on the treadmill. I have lost 5 lbs, going from 223 to 218 in a few days, but the journey is only just beginning.

I abused my body for way too many years. I had a few traumatic events in my life but I don't think it was the cause of my weight issues. A lot of people who have similar events have residual issues dealing with them, but fortunately that was never the case with me. I definitely had self-esteem issues, but I think it was just because I underwent dramatic changes, going from very skinny to very overweight in a short amount of time. I try not to hold too many things against too many people. They are human and have their own issues as well.

Anyway, after burning way too many bridges in my life, I am trying to make right some of the things that have gone wrong in my life. I am treating my body with respect and dignity, and I'm treating my family and friends with the same respect and dignity.

This will not be a whiny blog. I am not the type who wants to lament about how no one was good to me and my dad never hugged me and whatnot. I have some great people in my life and I hug my dad regularly.

Here's what I will do though: I want to be able to empower others to make the same good choices in their lives. I will be open and honest, but respectful. I will not be too flowery or new-agey (I apologize for my departure in this post) but will still be encouraging. I hope you will comment on my blog and share your own stories because I love making friends.

So, let's kick some butt and take names, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment