Pages

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Day 10: I did it!

Today has been a good day. I stepped on the scale this morning and was happy to see I was at exactly 216, which is 15 lbs gone FINALLY. I have been hovering around 217-219 for awhile and now I'm so excited to finally see 216. I have not been 216 since living at my fiancé's house over a year ago.

I have also started running at the gym. I have joked in the past that you could get me to run by stealing my box of donuts and driving off with it, and I would run after you trying to get them back, but I am no longer ravenous for chocolate donuts or anything like that. In fact, I went to Steak and Shake with my best friend and literally could not finish a $3 meal. WTF? When I went to Steak and Shake before, I would eat the entire meal AND get ice cream afterwards AND possibly a bag of candy later. I just can't imagine doing that these days. I would feel completely gross. :-P

Ever since I changed my lifestyle, my world has totally changed. It's like I can't imagine doing the things I used to do, at least not favorably. Clothes are starting to fit in sizes I haven't worn before. I actually am taking an interest in clothes and other things. I even put on some makeup, which is something I don't normally do. :-) My whole life has changed for the better, and it just keeps getting better.

My fiancé finished his last quarter of culinary school today! He is going on to an externship at a really fancy restaurant, and I am one proud fiancée. He still loves his job after being there at least three months (he was shadowing there and now he is an extern) and is learning the menu quite well. I will be doing my first practicum in veterinary technology next semester, and I couldn't be more excited. I loved working as a groomer, and I assume this will be similar. :-)

I hope everyone has a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment