Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Day 24.5: I'm an Overcomer!

My ankle is doing much better after a lot of walking today with my friend, which made me suspect it was not properly stretched or just cramped up from all the running. I went in the gym today and knocked out 8.57 miles on the bike between 80-88 RPM. I lowered the resistance level ever so slightly (from 6 to 5) but it didn't seem to make too huge of a difference. I feel amazing and look forward to my next cardio/strength day on Friday! :-)

I have realized today what a different person I am now. I tell people when they hurt my feelings or I feel they've overstepped their bounds and I am no longer shy about it. I am not necessarily mean, but whoever is bothering me knows that I am upset. It is so weird to finally be able to say that I am an assertive person. I have never been an assertive person, and I thought I would never be an assertive person. It just doesn't run in my family; my mom literally took a college credit course on how to be assertive and interact with people. I never did find out her grade though, lol. Either way, I am making new strides physically, emotionally, and spiritually and it feels great.

I am almost out of supplements after two months of using them. It's time to visit Jake at Supplement Superstores and restock. You may think I'm weird for my supplement obsession, but I honestly will not go anywhere else except S2 for them. Complete Nutrition always kind of scares me in the mall because every time I walk by there, the guys inside there give me creepy eyes!!! Either they think I'm hot or they think I'm a good candidate for a sale. I briefly considered going in there but the same dude was there with the creepy eyes and I was like, nooooo, moving along now. If you live anywhere near St Louis, visit Supplement Superstores ASAP. If for no other reason that they give you free samples, lol. :-D

I have become obsessed also with the Healthy Choice Café Steamers. They are portable and great after a long workout when a heavy meal is just too much. I love the pasta, but I am branching out and trying some meat entrees (bad former vegan Shelly!) because I love having a variety of food. Cause trust me, nothing will make you stall out faster than eating the same thing every night. I remember when I was a teenager trying a weird version of a diet and literally eating the same thing every day (at only about 800 calories a day, don't try this at home, kids!) and never lost a thing. In fact, I think I gained because my body was in starvation mode. Now I eat a variety of things at ~1700 calories a day. :-)

Anyhoo, I am full of talking today and I think it's time to get some food. Be blessed all and have a fantastic day!

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to leave a comment to let you know your blog is really inspirational - it just has that "real person" vibe. I have a hard time being on ANY kind of schedule (gym, eating, sleep...) so it's really hard for me to lose weight! Keep it up, your progress is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I appreciate your post... hearing that I inspire people is always so humbling, but awesome! I feel you on the schedule thing.. but now the morning run and evening biking is so much a part of my routine that I would be lost without it! :) I know you can do anything you put your mind to, and I wish you the best in your future endeavors. :)

    ReplyDelete