Pages

Monday, September 2, 2013

Day 29.5: More Superhuman than Human

Well, I finally did it. I beat my dad's consecutive time by 3.01 miles. I have been wanting to do this for quite some time since my dad has been a bit too smug for my liking that he has done 10 miles on the bike, and I wanted to show him how it's done. :-) (In a friendly way, of course!) I got on there and kept riding... and kept riding... and eventually my butt went numb and I was able to ride better (it really did, I'm just now starting to get all the feeling back, lol). I rode a total of 50 minutes, and burnt around 330 calories. 13.01 miles ridden. Wow.

I remember when it was such a struggle to ride even a mile on the bike. I would watch, disgusted with myself, as my fiancé obliterated my time. I would sit on the brick partition as Bryan owned me over and over. Now, I ride longer than he does. By about 20-30 minutes, I believe. I have come a long way.

Thank goodness my Android takes good pics! :)

What was super cool was my playlist. Normally my musical taste is somewhere along the tobyMac, Chris Tomlin, and Todd Agnew vein but when I really want to get into hardcore mode I put my Rob Zombie playlist on. No joke, I have been a fan of his since the 5th grade when he was still in the band White Zombie. It plays a lot of hardcore stuff, but thankfully has stopped playing Marilyn Manson every other track and has got some better stuff on there like Cage the Elephant, and some other songs I know but don't know the artists. I don't know what it is about that type of music, but it really gets my butt in gear. :-) If I play Christian contemp for too long, I start to slow down because it puts me in a peaceful mood, lol. :-D If anyone has some hardcore Christian artists they like, let me know and I'll put em on the playlist! :-)

I got over 30 new likes on my page today. I was so excited, I never thought I had so many people that wanted to support me! It is very encouraging to know people are in the same boat as me and we are supporting each other along the way. The running/fitness/WL community on Facebook is one of the coolest groups of people I have ever known. :-)

I have decided to add a Lazy Girl Ironman Bike Ride to my list of challenges. I want to get to Tri length sometime soon, but I thought it was super cool to try to do an ironman bike ride over a month! I was thinking of picking an arbitrary number like 100 and going with that, but when I found out the bike ride in an Ironman is 112 miles, I thought it was the perfect number. So I'm going to try to do that in a month. I'm also trying to run a Lazy Girl Marathon over a month, 26.2 miles. I'm already to 2.5, I believe. :-)

I hope everyone has a great night! I'm going to rest and put some food in my belly, it seems to be telling me that is the best course of action. :-D Be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment