Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Day 34: Exhausted My Witty Title Budget

Evening all, just a quick post before I go to bed.

My fiancé and I had a very packed day after running around like crazy people. We went lasertagging out in Belleville, and I placed fifteenth and Bryan placed fifth, but my team won. We had a very competitive team, I had two kids curse at me using kiddie curses because they had taken hits while invisible. Well, yeeeeah... invincible and invisible are not the same thing, kiddos. There is a certain amount of mortality involved in the latter. ;-) We then went home to get something to eat but my parents were keen on yelling at the fiancé and I because we had come home while they were cleaning. In my stuff, without asking me anything. They just went down there and started going through my stuff and throwing out what they didn't like. They also threw out my good pumpkin soap, so now I have no soap. :-( So the fiancé and I went to the galleria, and I walked around with my purse up around my chest because in addition to getting into all my stuff, they had started getting into my.... personal effects... and I couldn't find any of my bras. (TMI, I know.) I kept telling the fiancé that this was like the nightmare I have had where I'm walking around trying to find clothes.

Anyhoo, we went home and found that my parents had taken their leave after making a mess of the downstairs, so we watched Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I was determined I would make it through the end of the movie without covering my eyes and shaking at the very end of the movie (and those who have seen the end of any Indiana Jones movie know what I'm talking about!), and of course it was an epic fail. And Mom chewed me out for being scared and saying "OMG," so yeah, another night in my house. :-)

Tomorrow I am going for another run. I need it after all this drama with the family. But Bry and I have been making some rudimentary wedding plans like for dresses and music and stuff. I'm very non-traditional in that I HATE traditional wedding music with a passion. I think its cheesy and annoying, and I can remember way too many Sundays where I have had to sit through bad organ music. Our wedding will be light and fun and very non-traditional, and I want to have kind of a big shindig at the end of the ceremony. And I'm getting "Living Dead Girl," in there somewhere, by goodness. (My favorite Rob Zombie song) Anyhoo, it was fun doing some rudimentary planning.

Well, I gotta go to bed for now. I hope everyone has a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment