Pages

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Day 30.5: More Signs You're Getting Thinner

-When people are sending you advertisements to become part of AdvoCare (turned it down)
-When your job preferences lean more towards Lululemon, TrueRunner, and REI because it's become an area of expertise and, let's face it, you really want that employee discount! :)
-When it literally sends you into a tailspin when someone takes away your healthy food (true story)
-When your plans for the weekend revolve around whether or not you can get your run in
-When you're looking forward to a paycheck so you can register for yet another 5K.
-When you have a 5K sticker on your car and don't feel inferior for having it
-When you go into the mall, and you want to go into literally every store having something to do with fitness
-When you are told to teach someone to do something, and you think a workout sounds pretty good
-When half your internet time revolves around your Facebook page and inspiring others

-----
These are more examples from my life! It's crazy how my life has changed completely. I still remember when I walked into S2 in May and felt like an idiot because I didn't look like the type that would even belong in a supplement shop. Now I am looking forward to my next visit, with the intention to keep going! And today the scale FINALLY tipped in my direction, putting me at a very nice 207.0. If I can shake off that last pound, I will be down 25 pounds! That would be such a geekout moment for me, because it means I am a quarter of the way there, give or take. My total goal was 106 pounds, and now it's down to around 82-83 pounds. That's not such a scary number when you see that almost 25 lbs of it is already gone.

My mom has decided to make some spaghetti for the evening and I will be more than happy to partake. I need to have some cause I have realized my caloric intake is way too low! I had no idea that I was eating so few calories, I thought for sure I was averaging around 1200-1500 but it is actually somewhat lower than that. I am shocked! So, I will be having a good meal tonight, and trying to eat a little more than my usual.

Please know that this is not an intentional thing and I don't encourage you to not eat! I have no intention of eating or not eating. I just eat when I feel like eating, and don't eat when I don't feel like eating. But I am so glad I found that out early in the game so I know to adjust my caloric intake to help recover the fuel burnt after a workout. I didn't realize that I was burning such ridiculous amounts off until today! So tonight and henceforth, I will track my food and make sure that I get enough calories in! :-) Never thought I would say that, but there you go. :-)

I would love to know how to get around 1500 calories a day in in a way that's not going to make me feel all bloated and gross. Any suggestions would be welcome! I will probably go to S2 on Wednesday and see if I can get advice on how to eat MORE. Crazy. :-)

I hope everyone has a great night! Be blessed all! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love your signs you're getting thinner! :)

    After seeing you post on FB that you realized you weren't eating enough, I decided to log my food for today too, and realized I'm not eating enough either. I thought I was just hungry cuz I would normally eat closer to 3000 calories a day. I didn't realize I've been getting only 1000, sometimes less, just from my food, not counting how much I've burned! Will start logging mine too. I'm actually happy to find out I need to eat more, but the trick is eating more while eating healthy. I'm not so great with diets lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nor am I. I try to get a lot of protein, some carbs, and lots of fruit and veggies. I don't consider it a low-carb diet though because I eat carbs still, just in a more balanced way. Since running I have had huge calorie deficits because on my hardcore days I burn anywhere from 500-600 kcals a day and so I have to eat more to keep up with the calorie burn. Protein bars are my best friend on those days, especially when biking. They get rid of the spaghetti legs and the butt pain (I hate those banana seats, they hurt like a mofo!) as well. It tells me to get around 1600 kcals a day at 206ish, but on those days I may need as many as 2200 kcals! Just make sure you enter an accurate number of calories burned into MFP and it will tell you what you need to eat. :)

    ReplyDelete