Pages

Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Day 51: Upping the Ante

I started off my workout this morning with the C25K W6D2. I was expecting all the workouts for the week to be the same, as they usually were for the past five weeks. Imagine my surprise when I look at the workouts and it says to do 2 10-minute blocks of running! I have never done that much running before, except on the treadmill some time ago. I suddenly got nervous and seriously considered doing the W6D1 again. I thought for sure that I would not make it. But I decided to try it anyway. To my surprise, I was able to do both 10-minute blocks without stopping, for a total of 20 minutes of running. I'm not going to lie, I was definitely out of breath and definitely considered stopping a few times. But then I would look at the clock and say, I'm halfway, I've got 3, 2, 1... minutes left, and so on and so forth. That has always gotten me through some difficult runs. Some folks think it's counterintuitive to look at the clock, that you should just enjoy the run. And I do! There are times when I look at the scenery and just love running. Other times I'm so out of breath that it's a struggle to get through it! I find that looking at the clock gives me a goal. :-)

I was definitely sweating after that workout.
 
I decided to up the ante and walk an additional mile for a grand total of 2.55 miles. It got easier as I went on, and I would have gone longer than that except it began to drizzle a little and I was concerned about my cell phone getting completely drenched or at the very least a little moody, so I packed up my gear and headed home. (Much to my dismay, it stopped raining as soon as I left! :-P)
 
I was a little sore after my workout, and I decided to take a little break. I drank my protein shake and did some homework, and texted my fiancĂ© for a few hours. Then I got bored. Mind-numbingly bored. I am low on fuel and have to wait to fill up the tank again, so I've mostly been at home all day. I got the crazy idea to ride on my dad's stationary bike for a little while, since it is in the basement anyway and so am I, most of the time. I thought that I would do a short 10-minute ride and be done with it, but as usual I made bets with myself (as in, I bet I can go longer than 10 minutes!) and ended up doing 9.11 miles in 36 minutes. Not a bad deal, though I have to admit I'm still a bit sore. Sometimes I do two workouts on the bike for a total of 1 hour, but since I have been upping my run time I'm just going to stick with 36 minutes.
 
I hope everyone has a good day. Be blessed, and go outside! :-)

4 comments:

  1. Every time I try to make a protein shake it seems to turn out horrible. How do you make yours? Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Paula! Most protein shakes are pretty horrible, but I love my 1st Phorm protein shakes. You can find them at http://www.1stphorm.com . They are local to my neck of the woods and they are the most amazing protein shakes ever! They aren't gritty or anything, they taste delicious. My favorite flavor is the chocolate coconut. I mix a cup of that with 16 oz of water and it turns out great! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm looking it up. I swear mine tastes like vomit and it was $40! Fancy stuff but EW!!! :D Thank You!

      Delete
  3. Yeah I had the same issue with Vega protein. It was all gritty and nasty and I was SO glad I just spent $3 on a sample package. The protein powder is called the Level 1 protein powder. Ice cream sandwich is good too but too sweet after a long run, so I find chocolate coconut suits me better. :)

    ReplyDelete