Pages

Friday, September 13, 2013

Day 40: Woohoo, Forty Days! :)

It's been 40 days since I started this journey (well, give-or-take, since the beginning of the blog is very infrequent posting). And it's been life-changing. I hit 207.8 yet again after catching a little flack from the scale in the past few weeks. I'm kind of weird like that, I go up and down, have huge weight losses then go up and down and finally back down again to another huge loss. Right now I'm kind of in the huge losses department and continually losing, maybe about a pound a day or so.

Today was a mild cheat day in that I actually ate out today. I had half a sandwich and some clam chowder in a fun-sized bowl, it was actually pretty good though I was disappointed they didn't have the tomato basil soup. That one is my absolute favorite. Anyhoo, I rarely eat out or really have much money to spend, and 99 percent of the time I don't need it.

My best friend bought me some soap and a cute little caddy to put it in, which honestly looks better than the blatantly obvious soap on the bathroom counter. :-D In fact, I have been at my parents' house so infrequently that that soap has lasted me over 2 years! I would have kept it even longer except that my parents thought it was empty when they came down and ransacked the downstairs. (Don't ask, you'll save yourself a lot of hassle.) It's the same brand of soap but a different "flavor."

Fall soapy goodness.
 
 
I also went to Loft and tried on some jeans. I tried on a size 14 and they were ridiculously close to fitting but they didn't want to zip up when I put them on. I figure if I can lose another few pounds then they will fit. I've fit into Old Navy's size 14 pants in the past so I may be able to go down a size. But Old Navy's stuff is ridiculously vanity-sized. They cut the pants bigger and put a smaller size on it so people will come back. I never entirely got that, and it struck me as being not too terribly honest. Imagine your disappointment when you go to another shop and the same size is airtight on you! lol

My size 16 skinny jeans. :-)


This weekend I am hanging out with my fiancĂ© and we are celebrating the Friday the 13th (special fun anniversary for us because we met on Friday, May 13, 2011. And because we're weird that way we often celebrate Friday the 13th by going out to do something fun.) and my birthday. :-) It feels so weird to be kissing cousins with being 30 years old. I always thought I would have been more successful at this point in my life, but I dunno. I have a weird life that I won't get into extensively, for more information refer to the previous posts on the blog. Either way, I'm getting my life back on track. Hopefully there will be no more sabotaging from certain members of my family.

Well, I'm about to wrap it up. Going to eat dinner, do chem homework, and work out some, not necessarily in that order. :-) Hope everyone has a good day and I will be back later tonight, hopefully.

2 comments:

  1. Way to go on the smaller jeans!! :) I have one pair of Old Navy jeans, size 22... I didn't know they were sized differently. They're a little too tight and I should probably be wearing a 24. They fit when I got them, but I put on more weight since then. I usually wear Hot Topic Tripp pants though, and the one pair that isn't worn out is a size 24 and those are too tight on me now. So I'm really not sure what size I am. Thankfully my Tripp pants have little straps to cinch the waist tighter, so even as I lose weight I can still wear these for awhile. I'm dreading having to buy new ones at $60-80/pair! I'm down to 2 pairs of pants that aren't worn out or too small. I live in yoga pants most the time because they're more comfortable. Can't wait until real clothes are comfortable again!

    You're doing great! I don't always comment, but I love reading your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to wear Tripp and a lot of stuff like that... until it just got way too expensive to keep up. I still love them though, and hope to get some more when I grow into Hot Topic sizes again. One thing I love about Loft though is that most of the time they are ridiculously expensive but they have a final sale rack that runs from $5-$20 and I have been guilty more than once of shopping from that rack! I have the opposite problem with my pants, all the pairs that used to be comfortable are now waaaay too big. One of them was so big I literally almost lost my pants getting out of my car, lol!! I have maybe 3 or 4 pairs of jeans including the new one that fit like normal. My sizes go anywhere from 14 to 24. :)

    I'm so glad you enjoy my blog! I'm always excited when you like my blog statuses, cause I'm always afraid no one's reading them. :) Have a great evening! :)

    ReplyDelete