Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 39.5: A Day Out on the Town and More Supplementing Goodness

That may be the longest post title I've ever had, lol. It's reminiscent of "Standing Outside a Broken Telephone Booth With Money In My Hands." I can never remember who sang it, but they sampled BB King, which is always super cool in my book. :-)

Anyhoo, I went to the Big River Running Co shop out in O'Fallon, and realized I had totally passed it twice yesterday. It was a fun place to go, but I didn't see anything I wanted and everything was too expensive, so I went on to a few other places. I went to Sports Authority and got some Nuun tabs. They were not too bad, definitely an acquired taste though since I'm not really used to carbonated drink tabs. It was an early birthday present to myself. :-)

I also took some packages to the UPS shop for my mom, and in return got a fairly large chunk of change to spend. And where do I go? To S2, of course, because my paycheck is irresistibly drawn to the awesomeness. I decided to go all out, I got some protein powder in Chocolate Coconut, and some DHA to replace my almost empty bottle. I also got one of those shaker cups with the S2 logo on it. Thankfully, the guys were nice and decided to let me sample some of the powder, and it was super good! I have had so many issues with protein powder in the past, it made my stomach hurt like a mofo and just looked and tasted disgusting. I tried the Vega powder before and it was absolutely nasty, didn't mix well and made a gritty nasty mix in the bottom of the cup. Tried making a smoothie out of it and that just made it worse. :-( But I tried the ice cream sandwich one the other day and it was... okay, maybe a little too sweet for my liking. :-) But I tried this one and it was much better. Not as overkill sweet as the protein bars either, which I hear are not as good since the protein is denatured and doesn't really work then.

My awesome shaker thingie. Now you know what S2 means.

I also got out my old 5-HTP bottle, since I brought it up with the other guy (I think his name may be Bart, but I'm not sure) and he was saying how it made him in a better mood. I took one and I actually feel quite nice, and relaxed since DHA/EPA always makes me a little bit more relaxed. I think with all the goodness, I have finally found a very comfortable combination of supplements. And needless to say, all my non-WL supplements when the B12 runs out will come from there! :-) They are a lot less expensive than Whole Foods.

I also also (hehe) went to Gold's Gym for my second round of workouts. I figure that if you have a 3-day pass to the place you might as well use it as much as you can. :-) I did a few calf raises and leg extensions (cause apparently today was leg day, lol) and I tried the rower machine. I had never used one before and it felt really good to try one out. I made it to around 22:30 on the rower, which was not bad for a first time, and I burned around 132 calories. It's a pretty good workout and low intensity as well, so its good if you have knee or back problems (or in my case just completed a leg day workout, lol) and want a workout.

I have had so much fun today, and I even ordered some goodies from the Sweat Pink catalog, so if anyone wants some awesome-sauce pink shoelaces, I will give them to you for the price I paid for them ($0). I will probably order the tank top eventually for running, but for now I want to make sure that Bryan and I have enough money to go bowling, lol. :-) I am so geeked out about seeing him this weekend and my best friend on Friday, it will be a super awesome birthday weekend. :-)

I hope everyone has a most excellent day! Me, I will chill and type some chemistry notes, since I need to catch up a bit on the class I missed. (Yes, I totally FORGOT about class. I have never done that before! I was at the gym and I was like, something's missing from my day, I'm not sure what...) Be blessed all, and sleep well! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment