Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Day 38.5: A Role Model And *Gasp* A Secret About Me!

I find it so odd that people look up to me.

Maybe that's my old self-esteem issues getting in my way, but I sometimes find it hard to believe that people care about my life so much that they would follow my blogs religiously or post every day on there. :-) I'm always grateful, but always just a touch perplexed.

Being a role model is weird. I'm always recognized in my favorite nutrition shop. First of all, I have a favorite nutrition shop. :-D The last time I was universally recognized it was at Buffalo Wild Wings and El Mariachi where they knew what I was going to order before I even ordered, because I had been there so often. Now, if I go in to the nutrition shop, they know who I am, and what I'm usually there for. (Which is either supplements or for a question on nutrition.) If I go to the gym, they know I require a towel to pat the profusely dripping sweat off my face, and no further assistance. Unless the person at the desk is new, this is usually what happens, before I even ask. I am recognized at the gym FINALLY, and I've been going there for 3 years! I just never was very consistent with my workouts so they never saw me. :-)

I also notice that I have totally changed my shopping habits and whatnot. I had to withdraw all my funds from my bank account to cash only because I was so put out by my bank and their particular brand of bs (more about that another time), and it wasn't a whole heck of a lot but I had my pick of things to buy. Before, that would have gone directly to funding my soda and chips addiction. I realized when I was driving by the new Shell station that I didn't have to worry anymore about who had the cheapest soda, and if I had enough to last me for the week. I still have two cases of soda and a 20 oz bottle that haven't been touched in almost a month, just in case I really needed it. I haven't touched it, and I go past it all the time.

Also, I had a nasty shopping addiction. Like, I would go broke 2 days after getting a paycheck. I don't know exactly why, but I have completely lost the urge to shop. In fact, I don't really get out and shop too often, and usually its limited to the grocery store or the supplement shop. I love to go to True Runner and peruse, but I still haven't bought anything from there, lol. :-D It could be that I just don't like traditional running shorts (the inseam is literally less than the length of my thumb! You best not sit awkwardly in those.) or running clothes, or that I'm not quite sized in to them yet. Either way, I don't buy there often. :-)

So anyway, all that to say, I'm still continually shocked simultaneously by what I seem to be capable of, and what other people seem to think I'm capable of, both in the positive and negative. I still have people in my life that are trying to convince me to settle for less, even after they've seen what I accomplished. They even accuse me of being obsessed with exercise. I guess they would rather I was obsessed with drugs or partying. There is nothing wrong with being a little obsessive at first. Eventually, it will wear off. :-) So yeah, just got to shrug off the haters and move on. :-)

I hope everyone is enjoying their week. :-) I sure am, I was down 3 lbs this morning, and I'm hoping for a significant loss again. It's not me being unhealthy, I just lose weight fast on Paroxetine. I am one of the rare lucky ones because I hear the opposite is true with most people. I actually don't take it for depression either. I take it for Asperger's. :-) Yup, who would have thunk, right? I have a very mild form of autism, which seems to run on my mom's side a bit, and my sister does too, except hers is more pronounced than mine. I take it and I can socialize with people and not flock off to the side.

Yes, I'm autistic. Get over it, you wish you were too. :-)

Anyway, I wasn't expecting to share that, but you know how blogging goes. :-) I hope everyone has a fantastic day and is blessed! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment