Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Day 39: Going for the Golds

I have always been afraid of Gold's Gym.

Maybe it's just that I'm expecting a bunch of meatheads to work out there, you know, the ones that are all brawn and no brain. The ones that "feel the burn" all the time, lol. (Trust me, I feel the sweat a lot, the burn, not so much.) Nevertheless, I just had one of those days where I thought, "Shellybean, let's do something adventurous with ourselves today." However, with my limited funds there is only so much adventure I can pack into one day. :-) So I decided to go to a different gym.

Granted, there are a lot of places to go where I would blend into the background. The place I go right now is very much a place where you blend into the background. Plus, the cardio equipment kind of sucks and the weight room is very small. I wanted more of a place to work out as opposed to playing basketball or hockey or swimming. So, I mustered up the courage and went to Gold's Gym.

It actually wasn't so bad. I was given a tour by a chick who seemed kind of laid-back, not who I would expect to be giving the tour. It's a nice place, they have all kinds of protein drinks and bars, some protein powder and all kinds of shirts! I am a t-shirt junkie (as anyone knows who gives away a free one, I'm all up in their business, literally, lol) so having a Gold's Gym t-shirt would be a total geekout moment for me. :-) Even if I never went back there, it would be a pretty sweet reminder that I came, saw, and conquered. :-)

If I got one, this would be one I'd like:

 
Pink is my favorite color, so I would geek out to have one of these little tank tops. I am totally in love with racerback tees, especially since I live in sports bras most of the time and the typical tanks don't really cover the bra in the back. (By the way, ladies, if you don't wear proper gear when you run, I'd recommend it, you'll kill your back if you wear a regular bra.)
 
I am also going to a running store to check out some running gear, I tried to find the one in O'Fallon yesterday but I couldn't find it cause Verizon Navigator sucks, lol. Thankfully, I have figured out that the Google map app has it on there. So I will find it today and get all geeked out about running.
 
Speaking of geeked out about running, I did C25K W3D3 and it was much easier, presumably since it was on the treadmill. I think I will do an extra day of Week 3 this week, so I can get used to running that length outside. It was super hard last time I did it outside, and I was wheezing a little bit, so I think I need to get where I can run it a little better before I move up to the next level. :-)

Not a bad run on the dreadmill, lol.

 After my run, but so what?

Got a nice sweat on today. Guess there was something interesting to the left.
 
I only have a three-day pass to Gold's Gym then we'll see from there, but hopefully I will be able to get a full membership and not have to worry about can I pay it, etc. :-) But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that a job will come my way eventually. Especially at a running or supplement shop. I love my supplement shops, as though you couldn't tell. I almost asked for a job app at GNC but I chickened out, but next time I will ask. I may even go into *gasp* Complete Nutrition! I'm not sure though, that place reeks of upsell. :-P
 
Anyhoo, I hope everyone has a fantastic day, I'm out and about yet again. Be blessed all. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment